If you have recently made the decision to have laser eye surgery, you likely have a lot of questions regarding what you should and should not do before your operation, as well as what to expect on the day of your surgery. We have compiled a list of pre-operative instructions for patients for the week and night before your procedure:
LASIK Pre-Operative: Week Before Your Surgery
- Prior to the day of your LASIK surgery, fill any prescription medications you were given and plan to bring them with you on the day of your surgery.
- Arrange for a driver to and from your surgery, and expect the total time in our Center on surgery day to be around two hours.
- Be ready to bring your method of payment with you to the surgery.
- Review the consent form and complete the patient sections.
- Make sure you complete the Pre-Op appointment with a dilated exam. This is done either at our Center or at your eye doctor’s office (if applicable). If you need more information, contact us at 1-855-Trust-LVC.
LASIK Pre-Operative: Night Before Your Surgery
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages the night before your LASIK eye surgery. While one to two drinks are permissible, dehydration can occur if you consume more than that. Dehydration can affect the outcome of your LASIK surgery.
- Get plenty of rest.
Please call our team with any questions! We are here to provide any information we can to ease any nerves and prepare you for your LASIK surgery. When you choose LASIK Vision Centers of Cleveland, you will receive comprehensive patient support both before and after your surgery.